National University has to deal with a gigantic task of exchanging and communicating information and data regarding the academic activities of about 10 lac. of students. For speedy disposal of these activities National University has set up the ICT Department.
The main purposes of the ICT Department are as follows:
- Processing of results of all the Examinations of National University.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating the database of all students & their results..
- Maintaining examiners database & up-to-date information of affiliated colleges. .
- Providing printed registration card, certificate, mark sheet & result sheet,
- Preparing tabulation sheet from database.
- Verification of results as per query
- Develop & maintain a dynamic web site of NU to enable online delivery of results of examinations, notices, and other important information to its affiliated colleges and other stakeholders.
- Maintain network of computer & ICTU & Internet service of NU.
- Provide hardware support to NU.
- To provide advice and physical assistance to different departments and offices of the University in matters related to the purchase, operation, maintenance and development of computer hardware and software.
- To develop ICT facilities in order to create an on-campus environment conducive to enthusiasm, innovation and enterprise, and to nurture innovative ideas and incubate promising initiatives;
- To provide training to teachers, officers and employees of the University in relevant fields of ICT;
- To produce software for indigenous use;
- To plan, install, maintain and develop computer networks within the University and also internet links to other affiliated institutions.